Unlocking each child’s potential from the very beginning in a safe, welcoming, multicultural environment.
Urban Ventures' Cornwell Early Learning Center provides high-quality, full-day, year-round care for children ages six weeks to five years. What sets the Center apart is its focus on diversity, kindergarten-readiness, social-emotional development, and family engagement.
Who We Are
Your child has unlimited potential. At Urban Ventures Cornwell Center, our highly-qualified teachers partner with you to let that potential become reality. Through individualized learning strategies, an integrated focus on social-emotional development, and comprehensive family support, we work closely with you to prepare your child for success in kindergarten and beyond — all in a beautiful facility filled with natural light, nurturing faculty, and a caring community.
Urban Ventures is a community-driven nonprofit with more than 25 years’ of commitment to South Minneapolis. We know how important it is to get a strong start on life. That’s why we are opening our Cornwell Early Learning Center. For your child. For our community. Because every child deserves the chance to shine.
Mind, Body, Heart
We foster growth through play. Small class sizes allow Center staff to genuinely get to know the strengths of each child.
Our curriculum incorporates not only reading and math, but also social-emotional development, nutrition, physical activity, music and arts education, and family programming.
Connections to other Urban Ventures programs and our network of community partners surround children with access to a never-ending stream of exciting and fun opportunities.
…Quality education & individualized attention.
- The award-winning Creative Curriculum, personalized for your child
- Low student/teacher ratios and highly-qualified teachers
- Pursuing national accreditation by NAEYC and a top four-star Parent Aware rating
…Clean, safe & welcoming facilities.
- A secure, new, state-of-the-art facility with large, naturally-lit classrooms
- Rooftop outdoor playground, indoor playground, on-site gymnasium
…To focus on diversity & multiculturalism.
- Option of Spanish- or English-language instruction.
- Staff and enrolled families intentionally reflect the beautiful diversity of our community
…Connections to free resources & year-round enrichment electives.
- On-site Family Center with free resources for parents and siblings
- Fresh, healthy, USDA organic meals (breakfast, lunch, and snacks provided)
- On-campus music studio, theater, educational farm, soccer field and other programs integrated into daily curriculum for students